Thursday, May 8, 2008

ZEN

I have been taking my yoga outside now that the weather is getting warmer and WOW did I ever have a great session yesterday. I took my mat and went to a special spot I love on the water. The river is down so I went out to the very point near the water. (The way the water runs by and the distance you are from the true shore is quite a long way so it feels like you are in the middle of the river. I set up and ran through some of my favorite Sun Salutations. Then I started into my Asanas. Balance poses were true bliss and my state of Zen was reached in no time. I really felt refreshed and after the week I have had, I really needed some refueling.


Just to share some of my yogi thoughts with those who need a little inner cleansing.

The 8 Limbs of Yoga
Yama- Eithical practice of right living: truthfulness
Niyama-Personal practices to be observed: contentment, and passion.
Asanas- Yoga postures: steady and joyful.
Pranamaya- Yogic breathing: Regulation and refinement
Pratyahara- Drawing in the senses from the external world.
Dharana-Uninterrupted concentration: focused and steadfast.
Dhyana- Meditation: encompassing and contemplating.
Samadhi- Transcending state.


5 Koshas
Annamaya = Matter: physical being
Pranamaya = Vital Air: breath
Manamaya = Mind: thoughts and focus
Vijnanamaya = Ego and Intellect
Anandamaya = Bliss

No comments: